after a week with Google’s latest product- Chromecast, and i must say, i’m 100% satisfied with it.
and by 100%, that doesn’t mean there’s no faults in it. i would like to point those out:
- controlling from desktop/laptop sucks.
- say you send something from your phone/tablet to Chromecast. then you want to skip ahead from your desktop/laptop. well you can’t.
- YouTube queuing from desktop/laptop doesn’t exist.
- so you start a video from any device. then on your desktop/laptop you want to send over as the next in queue. well it overrides what’s already playing and just starts playing.
those are pretty much my biggest beefs. and then my biggest PRO:
- local videos play without hiccups!
- so i use Handbrake to re-encode my videos into MP4 format. when you use Chrome as a file browser, open a local video, then cast your tab over, it’s perfect.
all-in-all, i can’t wait for future updates to Chromecast. i hope developers will come up with amazing things to do with it. like streaming ANYTHING from your mobile devices to your TV.
i finally found the Google Chromecast in stock! the Ahwatukee location of Best Buy had 10 of them in stock that they received today! (then they had 9 left after i bought mine)
AND on top of just stumbling upon it, Best Buy was also offering the 3-months free Netflix. since i already have Netflix, i thought the code wouldn’t work. BUT I WAS WRONG! 3-months free added to my existing Netflix account! booya!
ordered this from Amazon, and it came in today. i’ve watched the first disc with the audio commentary already. it has 7 episodes, and has the two co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Then there’s 1-2 additional people per episode. It ranges from Korra (Janet Varney), Mako (David Faustino), Asami (Seychelle Gabriel), Amon (Steve Blum), and a few people from the Sound Team.
so disc two will have the remaining 5 episodes, and both special features-
- “The Legend of Puppetbender Present The Making of a Legend: The Untold Story (original short)”
- and “Series creators’ Favorite Scenes: Eight Animatics“
i was able to snag a copy of Project X Zone for Nintendo 3DS today. and so far, the game is pretty fun!
Yesterday, on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, he had a segment on Knack, one of the launch titles for the PlayStation 4.
a lot of my friends are hyping over Watch Dogs, or inFAMOUS Second Son. but for me. it’s all about KNACK. check out the trailer below…
On the night of Monday June 10, 2013, Sony held their conference at E3. During the show, they revealed the price tag of $399 for the next gen console. Watch the whole show below:
For more info, check out the official Sony PlayStation 4 page.
so yea, i accidentally screwed up my website somehow. here’s to a new fresh start!